Warning: this is an old post I am consolidating as you can see from the OS X version. No comments on this Post, Thanks
The first step is to install iPC OSx86 following the steps laid out in a previous blog. Once you get that successfully installed I went ahead and made a snapshot of the OS before proceeding just in case something went wrong. In my case I just used Time Machine seems to be the easiest method and have had success in the past. The rest is a piece of cake:
- Get a legal copy of Mac OS X Server 10.x
- Boot up the server with iPC OSx86
- Insert the DVD & open it up!
- Double click on “Install Mac OS X Server” icon
- It will ask you if you wish to Upgrade to “Mac OS X Server” once it installs you need to reboot.
- When it reboots it will ask you setup the server, some requirements are a license key, without this you are stuck. You can purchase 10 or unlimited from Apple
- Next login to your admin account from the iPC installation
- You will need to setup a server you can do this via the “Server Admin” utility under “Applications/Server”
- Thats it you are good to go, I enabled NFS and Firewall for starters.